So... Here I am, randomly writing about things... I think I've noticed a theme to what I tend to write about, and that's fear. Fear that I've dealt with. Fear that invades my life. Fear of almost anything except what I should truly fear. I'm telling you, one day I'll write about dentists! But why this blog? Why this writing?
First, let me explain that I am no one in particular. I haven't gone to seminary, I'm not a big shot, big-wig who's leading hundreds of employees. In fact, I have just about nothing to claim to my name. I have a bachelors of science in information technology, that's kinda cool, right? Admit it, it just makes you feel more sorry for the fact that I'm hosting this on Blogger.
I guess part of me wants to speak up to some of the things we don't seem to talk to a lot. Or things we just don't want to address. And for those who know me, it might come as a shock but I'm not always that extroverted. It's true, I love to be around people. I am happiest when those around me are taken care of. But I'm continuing to grow in learning how to open up and engage with people without falling back to focusing on myself as a safe zone. So bringing up these topics, especially when they might feel pointed at someone, is not something I do easily. This is a place I hope to write up some of my thoughts and "practice," if you will, expressing what I understand.
One of the things I'm already battling in my head is that this is just turning into a "whine and complain to the world" blog. I've already written several posts about "don't do this!" and the attitude is that I'm speaking to the audience as if I do this or understand this, and they need to get their act together. Maybe I need to adjust my writing style a bit, I'm still trying to figure that out. Mostly because these are a bit of a collection of thoughts to myself. "Daniel, stop doing this!" "Daniel, you know better." "Daniel, remember that blog post you wrote?..." There isn't a thing I've written here yet that doesn't apply to me just as much as I'd encourage and challenge someone else with it.
Lastly, I think we need to do better. I'm not a perfectionist. The blog title means "but by grace," and I know that we all need grace. But I want to try to live life boldly. In a way that is dependant on Him and His grace. I will fail. I have. But instead of sitting quietly trying to keep from needing grace (impossible), I'd rather step out boldly and live my faith, knowing when I fail, He is there to catch me. If you read this, I hope it inspires you to live boldly too. If nothing else, know you're not alone in these thoughts.
-DH
(But By Grace) Random musings of a seeking heart
Monday, June 9, 2014
But By Grace
Posted on 8:12 PM by Daniel H
| No comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment